-=Green=-Member Since 16 Feb 2006
Offline Last Active May 17 2017 09:20 AM
"He Who Plants a , Plants a Hope... "
Plant a tree campaign - Do your bit to save the earth
Plant trees? But plant them where? Who is going to dig the pits? And who is going to provide the saplings? And, in any case, who has got the time for all this?
Well, valid questions all these! But there is a simple answer:
Just preserve the saplings that grow naturally in and around your housing colony. Better still and yet very simple, grow a few saplings directly from seeds, in the space available on the premises of your housing colony and /or in flower pots in your flats. If you work at this collectively as a housing colony or a concerned neighbourhood, all the better and all the more pleasurable!
Well, let us ask you something here. By any chance, are you troubled that this contribution of yours would be too trivial? Not at all! Look at the figures below:
- One fully grown tree produces oxygen worth 5.5 lakh rupees in fifty years
- It removes air-pollution worth around 10.5 lakh rupees and remove 100 to 120 billion tons of carbon each year from man-made sources like (cars, trains, planes, etc)
- It adds 6.5 lakh rupees worth of nutrients to the soil, besides checking soil erosion
- What it gives in terms of fruit, timber, shelter to birds and insects and shade is quite apart from the above.
IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING!
"Go Green" Captions :
1) Trees/Plants has to be seen as Gift, to be Preserved and Enjoyed...
2) Experience Green..
3) Grow Green... Go Green...
- Group SHO's Immortals
- Active Posts 7,166
- Profile Views 16,323
- Member Title |$| Gargling The GooGle |$|
- Age 32 years old
- Birthday June 23, 1986