30 replies to this topic

#1 Imu.

Imu.

~Treading Terra Incognita~

• shos management
  • 6,255 posts
  • College:Jiangsu University
  • Studying:Graduation
  • Job Position:Was, Is n Will be A Student!!

Posted 07 October 2007 - 12:36 AM

My Friends and future aspirants of medicine in china... please be advised by the following!!

1. As per provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 read with Eligibility Certificate Regulations 2002 and Screening Test Regulations, 2002, an Indian student intending to study medicine in any medical college, anywhere in the world for an undergraduate medical course (MBBS) has to obtain an eligibility certificate from the Medical Council of India, New Delhi before joining the medical college abroad. After the successful completion of the course, the student is required to appear for a screening test conducted by the National Board of Examination (http://www.natboard.org) as required by the Medical Council of India (http://www.mciindia.org) prior to the registration with the Medical Council of India. The academic requirement for the eligibility certificate as stipulated by the Medical Council of India for the general category of students is an aggregate 50% marks in the Physics / Chemistry and Biology and for the reserved category of students (SC/ ST/OBC) 40%- aggregate marks in PCB. Further details could be obtained from the Medical Council of India, either from their office in New Delhi or downloaded from their official website. The responsibility of obtaining the eligibility certificate, as required by the Medical Council of India, rests with the student.

Post Graduate courses are not registered with the Medical Council of India or the Dental Council of India. Since you would be doing your specialization from an University, which is listed by the WHO in its "Directory of world medical schools", you would be eligible to appear for screening examinations like USMLE, PLAB etc.

2. Medical Colleges were established by the PR Government of China. It is recognized by the Medical Council of China. The name of Medical Colleges appears in the World Registry of Medical Schools published by the World Health Organization and Medical Council of India issues Eligibility Certificates. The Indian students graduating from the College are eligible to write MCI Screening Test. The Medical Colleges were established in the early 90’s and since then more than 5000 students have graduated and they are practicing as Doctors. When the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 are read in conjunction with the Screening Test Regulations and Eligibility Certificate Regulations 2002 of MCI, the Medical College were a recognized Medical Institution and the degree awarded by Medical Colleges, were a recognized Medical Qualification, in accordance with law. Please visit official website of World Health Organization. www.who.int/hrh/wdms/media/en/china.pdf, for reference.

MCI is not vested with any authority to approve or disapprove any foreign degree. But they conduct a screening test & allow successful candidates to register with them & practice in India. Only those students, who have obtained eligibility certificates before joining the Medical College in a foreign country, are allowed to write the Screening Test after successful completion of the course.

3. The medium of teaching is English. Students coming from various countries know Basic English language for communication. However when the students move into market place they need to know the local language for easy communication, which they learn within few months of their stay in China. Since year 2004 the English medium intake started in Medical Colleges.

4. It is mandatory to learn the local language (Chinese).

HSK is Chinese language Proficiency Test which the student has to clear when he/she wants to study in China.

HSK is the abbreviation for Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (Chinese proficiency test). Yes. The student has to pass the HSK test before completion of the course.

Though the medium of instruction is English, the students will have to study the Chinese Language in order to communicate with the patients in the clinics apart from nurses / doctors, from 5th semester onwards. Hence every day 1-hour coaching is given in Chinese language right from the 1st semester. This is necessary since from the beginning of third year the student starts his clinical subjects which would require him/her to attend the clinics and hospitals and he/she would have to interact with the local patients and nurses. It helps him during clinical sessions and at the time of interacting with the patients/nurses in the hospitals. However all lectures (concerning medical subjects) throughout, are delivered in English and the textbooks are also in English.

5. The university is run on non-commercial basis and is established by the Government of China. The education is affordable in China.Thus, the prices are relatively lot lower in China compared to India.

6. transfer is possible to other university / country. But it depends on syllabus covered, medium of teaching, semester covered, marks secured etc. It also depends from college to college.

The basic condition of transfer is concurrence (similarity) of programs of both colleges. For the China higher education establishments, programs of training are authorized by the state and coincide at schools of the same type. Transfer is carried out by the written declaration of the student in accordance with established procedure.

By transfer from foreign university the student should send the program of training (subjects, quantity of attended hours, marks secured) and to confirm, that he/she has no debits or arrears from this period of training.

However we also caution the students who are desirous of seeking transfer from one college to another that since they have obtained the eligibility certificate from MCI after specifically mentioning the name of the college / university / country where they want to pursue studies, they should not encounter any sort of difficulty or problem at the time of writing screening test or getting registration with MCI.

I hope you all find this necessary info helpful..if you have any doubts..please feel free to ask me anytime as I also am a student studying in China!

#2 FunkY BaLmY

FunkY BaLmY

SHO Family

• 6,266 posts
  • Studying:Post Graduation

Posted 07 October 2007 - 12:44 AM

Nice Info.....

#3 Imu.

Imu.

• shos management
  • 6,255 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 12:47 AM

thanks man...just trying my best to help those worried students!!!

#4 Imu.

Imu.

• shos management
  • 6,255 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:48 PM

An Update of the list of colleges inducting students from 2007th batch!!

MCI certificate for students studying MBBS in China

The Medical Council of India (MCI) has decided to issue eligibility certificate to students joining only in the 30 Chinese medical education institutions that are approved to admit foreign students. The eligibility certificate is mandatory for every student going abroad for medical education. Only those obtaining the certificate would be allowed to appear for the screening test, conducted after the completion of course, for practising in India.

According to information posted on the MCI website, it received a letter from the First Secretary(P-II), Embassy of India, Beijing, giving the list of approved institutions and also the steps taken by the Chinese authorities for strengthening their medical institutions offering the course through English medium for foreign students. The letter states that the report was published in the official Guangming Daily on July 26. It is also mentioned in the report that six institutes of t he approved 30 decided not to have any intake in 2007-08. Hence, no eligibility certificate would be issued in respect of the candidates desiring to have admissions in these six institutes for the current academic year.

Meanwhile, consultants sending students to China said that students already pursuing the course in other institutes not listed by the Chinese authorities would not be affected and they can continue in the course.

1. China Medical University - 80 seats

2. Chongqing Medical University - 100 seats

3. Capital Medical University - 100 seats

4. Dalian Medical University - 100 seats

5. Guangxi Medical University - 55 seats

6. Harbin Medical University - 50 seats

7. Huazhong University of S & T - 100 seats

8. Jilin University - 100 seats

9. Nanjing Medical University - 100 seats

10. Qingdao University - 60 seats

11. Southeast University - 120 seats

12. Suzhou University - 80 seats

13. Shandong University - 60 seats

14. Southern Medical University - 100 seats

15. Sichuan University - 100 seats

16. Tianjin Medical University - 120 seats

17. Wenzhou Medical College - 80 seats

18. Wuhan University - 100 seats

19. Xi’an Jiaotong University - 120 seats

20. Xinjiang Medical University - 100 seats

21. Zhejiang University - 60 seats

22. Zhengzhou University - 100 seats

23. Zhongnan University - 30 seats

24. Zhongshan University - 80 seats

Other six universities — Fudan University, Hebei Medical University, Peking University, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Tsinghua University School of Medicine and Tongji University —have decided not to admit foreign students this year.

#5 boyz2001

boyz2001

Noobs

• SHO Lovers
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:12 PM

hmm..do u think its worth studying in china ??? does their education system is better than india

#6 ~ The LeGeNd ~

~ The LeGeNd ~

Rockstars

• SHOs Rockers
  • 909 posts
  • Studying:Under Graduation

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:21 PM

hey good info imu !!!!!! very helpfull to many various ppl !!!!!! good work !!!!

#7 Doc. Samy

Doc. Samy

Noobs

• Shos newbie
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:17 AM

But what abt Gannan medical university .....................Does this university got recognised by mci or any other firm......
plz giv as more as info abt this university..........Thanxxxxxxxx

#8 vimal2010

vimal2010

Noobs

• Shos newbie
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:13 AM

My Friends and future aspirants of medicine in china... please be advised by the following!!

1. As per provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 read with Eligibility Certificate Regulations 2002 and Screening Test Regulations, 2002, an Indian student intending to study medicine in any medical college, anywhere in the world for an undergraduate medical course (MBBS) has to obtain an eligibility certificate from the Medical Council of India, New Delhi before joining the medical college abroad. After the successful completion of the course, the student is required to appear for a screening test conducted by the National Board of Examination (http://www.natboard.org) as required by the Medical Council of India (http://www.mciindia.org) prior to the registration with the Medical Council of India. The academic requirement for the eligibility certificate as stipulated by the Medical Council of India for the general category of students is an aggregate 50% marks in the Physics / Chemistry and Biology and for the reserved category of students (SC/ ST/OBC) 40%- aggregate marks in PCB. Further details could be obtained from the Medical Council of India, either from their office in New Delhi or downloaded from their official website. The responsibility of obtaining the eligibility certificate, as required by the Medical Council of India, rests with the student.

Post Graduate courses are not registered with the Medical Council of India or the Dental Council of India. Since you would be doing your specialization from an University, which is listed by the WHO in its "Directory of world medical schools", you would be eligible to appear for screening examinations like USMLE, PLAB etc.

2. Medical Colleges were established by the PR Government of China. It is recognized by the Medical Council of China. The name of Medical Colleges appears in the World Registry of Medical Schools published by the World Health Organization and Medical Council of India issues Eligibility Certificates. The Indian students graduating from the College are eligible to write MCI Screening Test. The Medical Colleges were established in the early 90’s and since then more than 5000 students have graduated and they are practicing as Doctors. When the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 are read in conjunction with the Screening Test Regulations and Eligibility Certificate Regulations 2002 of MCI, the Medical College were a recognized Medical Institution and the degree awarded by Medical Colleges, were a recognized Medical Qualification, in accordance with law. Please visit official website of World Health Organization. www.who.int/hrh/wdms/media/en/china.pdf, for reference.

MCI is not vested with any authority to approve or disapprove any foreign degree. But they conduct a screening test & allow successful candidates to register with them & practice in India. Only those students, who have obtained eligibility certificates before joining the Medical College in a foreign country, are allowed to write the Screening Test after successful completion of the course.

3. The medium of teaching is English. Students coming from various countries know Basic English language for communication. However when the students move into market place they need to know the local language for easy communication, which they learn within few months of their stay in China. Since year 2004 the English medium intake started in Medical Colleges.

4. It is mandatory to learn the local language (Chinese).

HSK is Chinese language Proficiency Test which the student has to clear when he/she wants to study in China.

HSK is the abbreviation for Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (Chinese proficiency test). Yes. The student has to pass the HSK test before completion of the course.

Though the medium of instruction is English, the students will have to study the Chinese Language in order to communicate with the patients in the clinics apart from nurses / doctors, from 5th semester onwards. Hence every day 1-hour coaching is given in Chinese language right from the 1st semester. This is necessary since from the beginning of third year the student starts his clinical subjects which would require him/her to attend the clinics and hospitals and he/she would have to interact with the local patients and nurses. It helps him during clinical sessions and at the time of interacting with the patients/nurses in the hospitals. However all lectures (concerning medical subjects) throughout, are delivered in English and the textbooks are also in English.

5. The university is run on non-commercial basis and is established by the Government of China. The education is affordable in China.Thus, the prices are relatively lot lower in China compared to India.

6. transfer is possible to other university / country. But it depends on syllabus covered, medium of teaching, semester covered, marks secured etc. It also depends from college to college.

The basic condition of transfer is concurrence (similarity) of programs of both colleges. For the China higher education establishments, programs of training are authorized by the state and coincide at schools of the same type. Transfer is carried out by the written declaration of the student in accordance with established procedure.

By transfer from foreign university the student should send the program of training (subjects, quantity of attended hours, marks secured) and to confirm, that he/she has no debits or arrears from this period of training.

However we also caution the students who are desirous of seeking transfer from one college to another that since they have obtained the eligibility certificate from MCI after specifically mentioning the name of the college / university / country where they want to pursue studies, they should not encounter any sort of difficulty or problem at the time of writing screening test or getting registration with MCI.

I hope you all find this necessary info helpful..if you have any doubts..please feel free to ask me anytime as I also am a student studying in China!

#9 vimal2010

vimal2010

Noobs

• Shos newbie
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:18 AM

i m studing in tianjin medical uni..
but now i decided to change uni.
so,
according to mci rules i have to get a new eligibility certificate.
how can i get new eligibility certificate ??????
give me proper information..

#10 Rochan

Rochan

Noobs

• SHO Lovers
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:48 PM

if u need to get a new eligibity certificate.. i thnk u need to submit the college bonafide certificate n college name of the new college ... n get a letter frm the old college that u transfered ur college to other university .. mention sum reasons .. studies .. facilities or so n so ..
its easy process to get NEW one...

and thanks for the info's dude

#11 ravkool

ravkool

Noobs

• Shos newbie
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:37 AM

thanks for your effort,, my concern is that now im doing my 2ndyear mbbs programme in wuhan university school of medicine,in china.this is a reputed university and listed under the who med colleges...

now i want to transfer from this college to any other college in india..
is it actually possible to directly do that ,i mean join to the 2nd year of that medical college,or just from the begining from 1st year itself as a new student.,and if that is the case should i get any no objection certificate or any other statements because i have taken the eligibility certificate from mci..

pls advice me the same as pls let me know if there are any med colleges in india which accept students from 2 nd year......................

any help in this wud be greatly appreciated..

#12 *kNoB HeAd*

*kNoB HeAd*

***LiMe LiGhT oF SHO***

• Banned
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:30 AM

acts like a mode of help 4 china immigrants

#13 rapidsharefan

rapidsharefan

I m here to gather info

• SHO Lovers
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:53 PM

thanks for the info it was helpful

#14 Kish Kd

Kish Kd

Rockstars

• Forum Moderator
  • 1,797 posts
  • Studying:Other

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:32 PM

gud stuff

#15 firdous14

firdous14

Noobs

• Shos newbie
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:07 PM

hi..... ths is ayesha studying in 4th yr 4m nantong university jiangsu province china ... i need lil help abt the internship . i already have ma mci permission letter . heard tht we can do internship in india aftr clearing mci. is it better to do internship in india or china ? if at all in china do u have any idea abt the hsptls which r worth 4 internship ..

#16 Deadliest

Deadliest

Noobs

• Shos newbie
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:43 PM

nice info dude

#17 Drchirag

Drchirag

Noobs

• Shos newbie
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:57 AM

HI
THANKS FOR UR POST...
I M IN 3RD YEAR ,SHENYANG MEDICAL COLLEGE

#18 MagicOPromotion

MagicOPromotion

Noobs

• Shos newbie
  • 8 posts
  • College:MagicOPromotion

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:17 PM

In that case your thanks are misplaced At last, its a place to speak English not violating the Russian section forum rules.

IMHO, you are not right after all: many of us could speak English I believe and some of us are living abroad, mainly in English-speaking countries.

#19 googley

googley

Noobs

• Shos newbie
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:59 PM

Hi Guys, I want to apply to go study in China and I went through www.bestcollegechina.com
How do I know if they are real or if it is a scam to make money? Has anyone gone through them before? They sent me an Admission form already and said I should send them $300 for application and processing fee. Help please? :p

#20 chaulee

chaulee

Noobs

• Shos newbie
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 03:20 PM

Hey Guys!!!

I am new for this forum n want to get some information from you. I was accepted by Zhejiang U. for 2009 entry n I now wonder if i should learn some basic Chinese before i go to China or not-- as you know; Chinese is not our mother tongue language. I pretty much worry about Chinese to be honest. So, can anyone please tell me how you prepare yourself before going there? Did you take a Chinese class before going there? And how are study life & daily life over there......have you encountered any hardships so far?
Please share with me about your experiences, I will greatly appreciate it n hope it will be a useful piece of information for other students as well. Thank you!!! :o-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users