• Shos Babies
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:14 AM

Company Profile

Virtusa Corporation, previously known as eRUNWAY,
Inc., was founded in 1996 and is a leading provider of
global technology innovation services. Headquartered
in Westborough, MA, Virtusa employs the finest
technology talent in the US, India and Sri Lanka.
Virtusa develops and deploys mission critical
enterprise products and solutions for its Fortune 1000
customers and for leading software product developers.

Virtusa is 1850+ employees Company with 91% retention
rate and one of the fastest growing Software Company
in India.

Virtusa is always looking to recruit exceptionally
bright and outstanding people. As a knowledge-based
company, our human resource capital represents the
single most important determinant of our company's
value. Our record of 100% client satisfaction is built
upon the bedrock of best-in-class people, delivering
value through best-in-class engineering processes and
technologies. You have worked hard to build your
skills and ideals. You are sure to find challenging
career opportunities at Virtusa.

Should you like to know more about us, please visit us
at www.virtusa.com

Virtusa Placement Papers and Sample Papers

There were 3 sections:(In which they tested 4 skills)
Analytical&Logical skills
Programming skills
Writing skills

All the 4 skill tests are fully brain teasers. The duration of the test was 2hours,and the L&A Reasoning has a minimum cutoff u should clear that to evaluate ur other sections.The questions are as follows (These are not in serial order and the information may not be accurate, when specified)

SECTION 1 (Analytical and Logical)

1. 1 2 3 2 5 6 7 8 3 find the next term in the series
2. How can u place 4 coins in 2 lines so that each line should contain 3 coins Ans:I wrote, it maynot be possible
3 Find the odd word
ALPHA
DELTA
SIGMA
BETA
Ans:I think it is Delta, Reason: as it has specific meaning(addition)and others don't have such meaning,just used

for representation purpose.(i think so)
4. There was an addition given as follows
SATURN + URANUS = PLANETS
the solution is not encoding the entire problem but to find coding for 3 alphabets Ans:Key Steps:
5. There was a set of words given as follows
SUN,MER,VEN,---,...........,SAT,---,NEP,PLU
(I don't remember exactly but, all are the names of planets in solar system with notation of each planet
using 3 letters) The question was to find out the appropriate words in the given blanks
6. How can u get 81 using the digits 2,3,25,50,75,100 only once using any of the arithmatic operators
Key Steps: 50+(100/75*3)+25+2
7. (This is a real sitter, takes a long time) A man have some three types boxes viz Huge,Large,Small He took 11

of huge boxes and put on a table.And at random he has taken some of them and placed 8 large boxes in each

of the boxes.And after that he has placed 8 small boxes in some large boxes at random.By the end if he found

102 boxes empty, how many boxes are there on the table?
8. If u have a large number of Knights and a chess board.The problem is to find the way of arranging the Knights on

the board so that no Knight attacks the other. (He has given mathematical relations that represents how a knight

can move on the chess board as we know it as 'L', i'm not giving such stuff)
9. You are given a bunch of threads each having differing length.No two thereads have same thickness and no thread

has same thickness all its length. But it is certified that any thread when lit burns itself in exactly 12 mins. The

question is you are asked to find an elapsed time of 9 minuites.How can u find it out and how manythreads do u

want for this?

SECTION 2 (Writing)

The topic to Write was on "Connecting the rivers in India".

SECTION 3

You can write the programs in this section using any programing language
I
1. There was a pyramid given as follows
2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9 10
11 12 13 ...
The three dots are given as a part of the specification. The above pyramid is to be printed when input number
13 is given. Write a program to print the above pyramid.
2 Write a function which returns a substring in the string 'Sigma' (character given)which starts with
'Alpha' and ends with 'Thita'
3. You have a job in which you have to take time stamps and store them. So Write a datastructure that can minimize

the storage requirements of Year,Month,Date,Hour,Minuite.
4. Write a program to find the four digited numbers, which are perfect squares, and all the digits in that number are even.
(i think there is another program given which i don't remember)

II THIS CARRIES 15 MARKS

The types of problems such as prob #4 from the section
1, (SATURN+URANUS=PLANETS) are called cryptorithms or alphabeticalcoding. Where an alphabet is assigned

a code so that the problem is to be solved using given summation. Write a program to solve such questions, which

prints the letter and its corresponding digit that satisfies the given addition.
Virtusa PAPER - Sample Paper 2

This paper is from IIIT, Hyderabad (October, 2003)

1 In how many different ways, a rectangle can be cut into 4 identical parts.
2 Using the numbers 1, 2, 25, 50, 75, 100 Exactly one time, give an expression which will give the answer as 383.
3 Volume of sphere is (PI)*(Theta) Cubic-meters and Surface area is (PI)*(Epslon) Square-meters And both

are digit integer numbers. What is the value of radius?
4 In the figure given below, Replace '?' mark by any operator (+, -, *, /, =) and if we leave as it is, numbers

are considered together and forms either 2 or 3 digit numer. Generate an expression using some symbols.
------------------------
| ? | 2 | ? | 3 |
------------------------
| 2 | | ? |
------- ------
| ? | | 1 |
------------------------
| 6 | ? | 1 | ? |
------------------------

5 Analise the Programe
main(){
int x=1,y=1;
while( (x > 0) && (y > 0) ){
printf("%16d%16d",x,y);
x += y;
y += x;
}
}

6 Start from a random number, generate a sequence such that if number is odd multiply it 3 and add 1. If number

is even, divide the number by 2. This Sequence will always cyclic with 4, 2, 1. In this sequesce, find the maximum

power of 2 generaged in the sequence and print only the power, not the sequence.
7 Start with a random 2 digit number, The series is generated by multiplying the number by 2 and placing the last 2

digits as the next number. Series continues until one of the element repeats.
8 write a function maxsubstring(str,alpha,theta) str is the source string and have to return maximum sub string

which starts with alpha and ends with theta.

INTERVIEW
1. what will this line will do? if it is legal?
B -= (B < 0) * 2 * B;
2 what does this function do??
int f(int p)
{int i = 0, t = 1, s = 1;
while( s <= p)
{
i++;
t += 2;
s += s;
}
return i;
}

3 Explain What is divide and conuer method? Travelling salse man problem What is greedy method
4 How Neural Networks and A.I are related.
5 Tell me something about your self
6 Where will you see your self after 5 years
7 You awnt to shift your career to management side or be in technical side?
8 What you do in free time
9 Interests other than studies
10 How do you rate your self in 'C' Programming

Virtusa PAPER - Sample Paper 3

PATTERN:

There were 3 papers each of 30min duration
1)aptitude test
2)programming
3)English

Aptitude:
few 3m & few 2m questions

1.equation is x2-12x. find the min value for that eq.
2.sum of ages of a father & his 8 sons is 186. fathers age is 50 &
his youngest sons age is
3 find the age of elder son if all the sons are born at equal
intervals
3.there are 1200 apples which r distributed equally among boys such
that each boy gets twice the no of apples as there r boys find no of
boys
4. The cost of HP & BP oils are 2:3.A mixture of 30% hp oil with Bp
oil yields a profit of 10% then what is the cost of BP oil?
5.contractor employs x employees to complete the work in 9 days.but 6
were absent from the day one.remaining completed work in 15 days.find
x
6.3 taps a,b can fill tank in 32,40min &c can empty it in 45min.if 3
taps r opened at a time, time taken to fill the tank
7.one Q related to venn diagrams which was easy
8.one is mixtures problem

aptitude was easy

programming:

1.write a function to return the second occurence of a
in "arrange" (5m)
2.program to reverse linked list (7m)
3.find o/p if i/p is a)A b)B (4m)
switch(input)
{
case a:
case A:printf("input char");
case z:
case Z:printf("input char");
break;
default:
printf("char not found");
break;}

4.find the output (4m)
for (int i=-1;i++<10;++i,i++)
{
cout<<i++;
}
English
multiple choice is there
2 rc (4m)
2 antonyms: (4 m)
fatuous grisly
2 pick out the odd one: (4m)
paradigm rule concept philosophy
excerpt haiku limerick sonnet
2 anolagiesL4m)
fission:fusion
liquid:gas
essayLany one)
1.Time & tide waits for none
2.my vision of 2020

Virtusa PAPER - Sample Paper 4 - 28th august

Section I

duration 20 min
total marks 30

many are of 2 marks and some are 3 and one is of 4 marks.time is main constraint for this section.He tried to play some trick by giving 4 marks and 3 marks question at last so just read paper completely.

1) A problem from summers Alphabets are given numbers from 1 - 9 we hav to assign numbers to alphabets and A+B+C= something like that we hav to know value of E ( Ans : 4)
2) x^y=2x+y and given that 2^a=a^3 find value of a?(Ans : a=1)
3) In an exam consists of 150 questions, 50 questions are of mathematics and remaining are others.In which twice the time is to be given to mathematics bit when compared to others.total time is 3 hrs then how much time is to be given to each bit of mathematics?
(Ans : 72 sec or 1 min 12 sec)
4)In an multiple choice question paper,each correct answer carries 4 marks and each wrong answer deducts 2 marks. a person scores 480 marks in a 150 questions paper how many questions he did correctly?
(Ans :130)
5)A problem on mixtures
6)A problem on ven diagrams.it was a little bit lengthy to read and to remember ...sorry
7)A simple problem on probability...............its direct question.A bag contain 5 red and 7 green balls and another bag contain some no. of red and green balls.he asked to find probability of finding a red ball.
8)A problem on work and time.A can do a work in 6 days B can do same work in 8 days,C can complete the same in 12 days.A under took 3 works like that and did for 8 days and left.then B started work and did for some days and left then in how many days C completes this work?
9)y=inv(cos[cosx+4sinx]/sqrt17) then dy/dx=?
(Ans :1)
10)total M persons want to buy a gift of D Rs. Out fo which 3 members are dropped out so how much each person hav to pay extra ?
(Ans:3D/m(m-3) )(check)
11)A problem is on series 1 + 1(1+1/n)+3(1+1/n)2(square)+5(1+1/n)3(cube)+.................find sum of n terms
( I not did this problem)
12) A monkey trying to ascend a greesy pole.He ascends 20 mtrs in one minute and goes down 4 mtrs in next minute.how much time it will take to ascend pole of 96 mtrs?
(Ans:10 min 48 sec)
13)On a good if 25% discount is given, he will earn profit of 25% what will be profit if he gives 10% discount?
(Ans:50%)
14) I don't remember what this qustion is ...........sorry

Section II

duration :20 mins
marks :20

This paper is on C language

1) Write a program to know whether string is palindrome or not?
2) A C program is given and asked what will be output.............
3)A Recursive function is given asked what will be output how and why?
4)A program given and asked what are variables value1 and value2 stores?(ie, in that program they store GCD and LCM)
5)Write a program to sort linked list.

Section III

duration :20 mins
marks:40

1) & 2) are like critical reasoning in barrons
3) & 4) are antonyms (he didn't ask antonyms directly but asked the word in capitals if replaced by any of following, that would be inapproriate in context )
5) & 6) analogies
7) & 8) correct the sentense with appropriate answer from the options given below
9) & 10) are pick oddman out...........easy one
I didn't write these coz they are already repeated in old papers.All verbal queations are repeated from previous papers.
Essay writing:
1)time and tide wait for none
2)my vision 2020 of India

VIRTUSA PAPER ON 2nd DECEMBER

Hi,
Dear Friends.........

I have attended the written test conducted by MeritTrack for Virtusa on Dec 2nd.
TEST PATTERN : The test has 5 sections.
1.) Verbal Ability 25 Questions 20 Min
2.) Analytical Ability 25 Questions 30 Min
3.) Attention to Details 20 Questions 20 Min
4.) C & DataStructure 40 Questions 30 Min
5.) Learning Ability 10 Questions 25 Min

VerbalAbility section contains basic questions on articles,english grammer , find the wrong word, 2 Rc's ,e.t.c. This section is easy to clear and need to know the rules of grammer. For Meanings read only high frequency words from Barrons.

AnalyticalAbility section deals with problems from set theory,family relations,basic puzzles (based on cubes...) .Prepare from RS Agarwal.

Attention to Details section contains problems based of maths.For ex : if * denotes + ,/ denotes -,+ denotes -,- denotes *, then find value of 4*5+3-2/8.The section also contains questions based on semilarities.For ex : choose which are similar : 514.135798,514.135799,514.137598,514.135798.

C & DataStructures section contain more questions on find the output of the code.Many contains pointers.So best thing is to prepare pointers & generally select the small question & do them first .Then go for big questions that contain a page long codes.

LearningAbility section deals with more on whether u can grasp the important points from the pera.In this section we are given with 3 pages long essay that contain diagrams,numbers,new techniques,new names.We are given with 10 min time to read the essay.Then they will take the essay scripts. Now questions based on the essay are given. 10 questions ,15 min.For this section the best thing is to remember all the new terms and values.Also understand the concept of the essay.
The essay given to us based on microctollers that provide cryptographic functionality.
THERE IS SECTIONAL CUTOFF FOR EACH SECTION

By God grace i have been shortlisted for the next process. On Dec 7th we were called for GD & PersonalInterview.

GROUP DISCUSSION : A panel of 8 members will be there as a team for GD. We will be given a topic and time frame given to us was 1 min.Then we can start the GD.Just follow the rules of GD.The discussion time is 10 min.At the end every one is asked to give their opinion.
15 min later we were shortlisted for the Technical round.

TECHNICAL INTERVIEW : It lasted for 1 hr.

1. Tell me about ur self?
2. What r ur strengths & weekness?
3. Tell me about ur project?
4. What is OSI model?
5. What is TCP model?
6. Whar are ur interesting areas other than programming?
7. What are deadlocks?
8. Explain Printer spooler problem?
9. What is RDBMS?
10.What is Normalization?
11.What is 3NF?
12.Question on Procedure?
13.Asked to write a simple program in c?
14.Asked a simple program in DS?
15.Give a non computer related realworld example for stack & queue?
16.What are the software processes?
17.Difference between waterfall model & iterative model?
18.Which model u used for ur project?
19.He gave a realtime situation and asked me to analyze it and derive requirements?
20.Which phase of the SDLC you like most & why?

After 1 hr, i was informed that i was shortlisted for HR round.

HR INTERVIEW : It lasted for 45 min

1. Tell me about ur self that is not mentioned in the resume?
2. What r ur hobbies? My Ans : Drawing , Reading mythological books.
3. All the questions were rotated on my hobbies since the interviewer was good at drawing.
4. Why Virtusa?
5. Is this Job a need or passion for you?
6. If u were given opportunity to judge 7 wonders of India ,what is ur list?
7. Who is ur rolemodel in drawing?
Ans asked few more questions relating to philosophy.

After 15 min, i was informed that i got shortlisted(selected) and asked me to collect the offerletter on so & so day.

ALL THAT IS REQUIRED IN INTERVIEW IS CONFIDENCE & THAT IS TESTED IN INTERVIEWS AT VIRTUSA.

I WISH ALL THE ONE WHO IS PREPARING FOR THE PROCESS TO BE SUCCESSFUL & THER IS BRIGHT FUTURE FOR ALL OF US.

Virtusa Placement Paper
section I duration 20 min total marks 30

A problem from sum of Alphabets are given numbers from 1 - 9 we hav to assign numbers to alphabets and A+B+C= something like that we have to know value of E ( Ans : 4)

x^y=2x+y and given that 2^a=a^3 find value of a?(Ans : a=1)

In an exam consists of 150 questions, 50 questions are of mathematics and remaining are others. In which twice the time is to be given to mathematics bit when compared to others.total time is 3 hrs then how much time is to be given to each bit of mathematics? (Ans : 72 sec or 1 min 12 sec)

In an multiple choice question paper, each correct answer carries 4 marks and each wrong answer deducts 2 marks. a person scores 480 marks in a 150 questions paper how many questions he did correctly? (Ans :130)

A problem on mixtures

A problem on ven diagrams. It was a little bit lengthy to read and to remember ...sorry

A simple problem on probability...............its direct question. A bag contain 5 red and 7 green balls and another bag contain some no. of red and green balls.He asked to find probability of finding a red ball.

A problem on work and time. A can do a work in 6 days B can do same work in 8 days, C can complete the same in 12 days.A under took 3 works like that and did for 8 days and left. Then B started work and did for some days and left then in how many days C completes this work?

y=inv(cos[cosx+4sinx]/sqrt17) then dy/dx=? (Ans :1)

total M persons want to buy a gift of D Rs. Out fo which 3 members are dropped out so how much each person have to pay extra ? (Ans:3D/m(m-3) )(check)

A problem is on series 1 + 1(1+1/n)+3(1+1/n)2(square)+5(1+1/n)3(cube)+.................find sum of n terms
( I not did this problem)

A monkey trying to ascend a greesy pole.He ascends 20 mtrs in one minute and goes down 4 mtrs in next minute.how much time it will take to ascend pole of 96 mtrs? (Ans:10 min 48 sec)

On a good if 25% discount is given, he will earn profit of 25% what will be profit if he gives 10% discount?
(Ans:50%)

I don't remember what this qustion is ...........sorry

A container has 64 lit of alcohol. 8 lit of which is removed and added with same amt of water. the same process is repeated 3times. what is the percentage of alcohol after the end of the
operations.
ans- formula – intial vol – p lit(64).
vol of removed sol – q lit(8).
no of oprs – n(3).
concentration of first liquid afetr oprts is – ((p-q)/p)*((64-8)/64)**3.

x+y+z=0, find the value of (x**3+y**3+z**3)/xyz.

3 men n 2boys can do piece of work in 12 days. same work is done by 6men n 1 boy in 6 days. find how many days can a man alone can complete the work?

In an exam the maximum marks is 500. a got 20% more than b, b got 25% less than c, c got 20% more than d. if b marks are 360 then how much did d score? (no. r different prob type is the same.).

A tank holds 25 gallons of fuel. before going for a drive which is at a distance of 600 miles. the car goes at a speed of 60 miles per/ hr. however the tank has a hole and fuel leaks out . after travelling a distance of 300 miles, the tank gets emptied. find rate at which fuel gets lost.

Section II Duration :20 mins Marks :20

This paper is on C language

Write a program to know whether string is palindrome or not?

A C program is given and asked what will be output.............

A Recursive function is given asked what will be output how and why?

write a prg / function to remove the duplicate from a sorted array. (8 m)

write a prg to genrate fibonacci series upto 100 recursively. (7 m)

predict the output of the following:
char c[]={ " enter" , "first" , "print" , "new" }.;
char **cp[]={c+3, c+2, c+1, c};
char ***cpp[]=cp;
printf("%s", ++*cp);
printf("%s",--*++cp);

A program given and asked what are variables value1 and value2 stores?(ie, in that program they store GCD and LCM)

Write a program to sort linked list.

Section III Duration :20 mins Marks:40

1) & 2) are like critical reasoning in barrens

3) & 4) are antonyms (he didn't ask antonyms directly but asked the word in capitals if replaced by any of following, that would be inapproriate in context )

5) & 6) analogies

7) & 8) correct the sentense with appropriate answer from the options given below
9) & 10) are pick oddman out...........easy one

Essay writing:

1)Time and tide wait for none.

2)My vision 2020 of India

Test Paper :2
Paper Type : Whole Testpaper
Test Date : 2 December 2006
Posted By : Ravi

VIRTUSA PAPER ON 2nd DECEMBER

Hi,
Dear Friends.........
I have attended the written test conducted by MeritTrack for Virtusa on Dec 2nd.
TEST PATTERN : The test has 5 sections.
1.) Verbal Ability 25 Questions 20 Min
2.) Analytical Ability 25 Questions 30 Min
3.) Attention to Details 20 Questions 20 Min
4.) C & DataStructure 40 Questions 30 Min
5.) Learning Ability 10 Questions 25 Min
VerbalAbility section contains basic questions on articles,english grammer , find the wrong word, 2 Rc's ,e.t.c. This section is easy to clear and need to know the rules of grammer. For Meanings read only high frequency words from Barrons.
AnalyticalAbility section deals with problems from set theory,family relations,basic puzzles (based on cubes...) .Prepare from RS Agarwal.
Attention to Details section contains problems based of maths.For ex : if * denotes + ,/ denotes -,+ denotes -,- denotes *, then find value of 4*5+3-2/8.The section also contains questions based on semilarities.For ex : choose which are similar : 514.135798,514.135799,514.137598,514.135798.
C & DataStructures section contain more questions on find the output of the code.Many contains pointers.So best thing is to prepare pointers & generally select the small question & do them first .Then go for big questions that contain a page long codes.
LearningAbility section deals with more on whether u can grasp the important points from the pera.In this section we are given with 3 pages long essay that contain diagrams,numbers,new techniques,new names.We are given with 10 min time to read the essay.Then they will take the essay scripts. Now questions based on the essay are given. 10 questions ,15 min.For this section the best thing is to remember all the new terms and values.Also understand the concept of the essay.
The essay given to us based on microctollers that provide cryptographic functionality.
THERE IS SECTIONAL CUTOFF FOR EACH SECTION
By God grace i have been shortlisted for the next process. On Dec 7th we were called for GD & PersonalInterview.
GROUP DISCUSSION : A panel of 8 members will be there as a team for GD. We will be given a topic and time frame given to us was 1 min.Then we can start the GD.Just follow the rules of GD.The discussion time is 10 min.At the end every one is asked to give their opinion.
15 min later we were shortlisted for the Technical round.
TECHNICAL INTERVIEW : It lasted for 1 hr.
1. Tell me about ur self?
2. What r ur strengths & weekness?
3. Tell me about ur project?
4. What is OSI model?
5. What is TCP model?
6. Whar are ur interesting areas other than programming?
7. What are deadlocks?
8. Explain Printer spooler problem?
9. What is RDBMS?
10.What is Normalization?
11.What is 3NF?
12.Question on Procedure?
13.Asked to write a simple program in c?
14.Asked a simple program in DS?
15.Give a non computer related realworld example for stack & queue?
16.What are the software processes?
17.Difference between waterfall model & iterative model?
18.Which model u used for ur project?
19.He gave a realtime situation and asked me to analyze it and derive requirements?
20.Which phase of the SDLC you like most & why?
After 1 hr, i was informed that i was shortlisted for HR round.
HR INTERVIEW : It lasted for 45 min
1. Tell me about ur self that is not mentioned in the resume?
2. What r ur hobbies? My Ans : Drawing , Reading mythological books.
3. All the questions were rotated on my hobbies since the interviewer was good at drawing.
4. Why Virtusa?
5. Is this Job a need or passion for you?
6. If u were given opportunity to judge 7 wonders of India ,what is ur list?
7. Who is ur rolemodel in drawing?
Ans asked few more questions relating to philosophy.
After 15 min, i was informed that i got shortlisted(selected) and asked me to collect the offerletter on so & so day.
ALL THAT IS REQUIRED IN INTERVIEW IS CONFIDENCE & THAT IS TESTED IN INTERVIEWS AT VIRTUSA.
I WISH ALL THE ONE WHO IS PREPARING FOR THE PROCESS TO BE SUCCESSFUL & THER IS BRIGHT FUTURE FOR ALL OF US.
Thanks for reading.
By,
Ravi

Test Paper :1
Paper Type : Candidate Experiences
Test Date : 2 December 2006
Test Location : Hyderabad
Posted By : Muni Sekhar

VIRTUSA PAPER ON 2nd DECEMBER AT HYDERABAD

Hi frnds,

I am Muni Sekhar from Sullurpet(Nellore Dt,AP). I am working in virtusa from 18th Dec 06. I would like to share my selection process experience at virtusa with u.

I received hall ticket through e-mail from virtusa on 1st Dec afternoon and asked me to attend for the written test on the next day. I came immediately to Hyd from my home town and i directly went to westly school (near paradise,hyd) from secunderabad rly stn. Then i came to know that Merit Trac people are conducting this exam. And 2000+ members attended the exam (only B.Tech CSE, B.Tech CSIT, MCA) The merit trac people will check the 10th,Intermediate,UG/PG certificates and then allow to the examination hall

The paper is about 2 and a half hour. It is for 120 marks. It has 5 sections in written exam itself.
It will have Verbal Ability, Apptitude, Mental & logical thinking Ability, Technical Qns (C,Unix), Reading(Grasping) Ability. and the cutoff for the examnination is 65 marks i think.

In verbal ability::::::: They will give synonyms, antonyms, words( articles), correct the sentense's & paragraph's etc.

In Apptitude:::::::::::: They will give easy qns. It will be easy if we are thorough with RSAgarwal

In Mental Ability::::::::They will try to confuse us, but if we r cool minded, we can do well

In Technical Ability::::: Unnecessary code will be given to waste time, do small things first and go for huge codes and it will be easy as C,Unix will be in this round. But this round has more weightage/marks. So concentrate on this round.

In Reading ability::::: we will be given a 3 page material and 10 minutes time to read that.The time they will give for this round will not be sufficient, even though we have to do that. Then afterwards, they will take the material and give us 10 qns on that material, we have to ans those qns by rememberence.

Then after the exam, they told us that the results will be announced on monday(4th Dec) for the people who are selected and for the people who are not selected also. But i didnt receive any mail from them on monday, tuesday. Then on tuesday night i planned to go back to my native place within 2 days. On wednesday morning i received a mail asking to attend the further selection process of virtusa. Please remember your roll number for the test.

I attended Group Discussion (Topic::: Should we ban mobile phones in school,colleges) and did well. I started the discussion, did well (used all the GD tips,managerial skills etc)and ended it. Then I attended the Technical round. It is two panel(male and female), male is Sr S/w Engg(SSE) and female is QA(Testing) lead(QAL).

The first qns to me was "Tell me about yourself" (Routine qns any where) I answered it. Then the SSE asked me to write a prog. I did it Then QAL asked me to explain few logics, i explained one logic in routine way and the second logic in a different way. Then they asked me to explain the logic elaboratedly. I explained it very well. then they got good imppression on me( i think).

Then they asked me few qns on C, oops concets etc and then the QAL asked me abt white box,black box testing etc related to testing. i said that i dont know any thing abt testing. She asked me like this.....

QAL:: If there are opening only in QA and if u were asked to join, Will u join QA?

Me:: I said yes (because i want a job, either development/QA)

QAL:: u dont know any thing abt testing and u are very well performing in languages etc, then will u be able to learn the things so quickly in the training progs and can u deleiver us the expected results??

ME:: yes, surely. As i said u, one among my strenghts are "fast learning ability". i can learn well in training and will do well further also.

QAL:: ok fine, after one and a half year, if u are given flexibility to move towards development, will u move or be in QA itself

Me: If that flexibility is given, i will move to development

QAL:: In this 1 and a half year u will be doing well in QA and u may be lagging in developmenta na? then how will u be able 2 do well in development?

Me:: (I said a small ex, like this... i showed the door beside me and said like this..) Theif will unlock the door without exact key. and if that thief is given a chance to prepare the lock and key, he will do it perfectly in such a way that, no other theif can unlock it. Just like that if a tester comes to development and writes a code, the code will be in such a way that no other tester can find any bugs in it. So that way i can be a good developer, even though i ma with 1.5 yrs expereienced in testing and away from development.

QAL,SSE::: ok thats really great ans.

QAL:: Do u have any qns to us?

Me:: i asked a small qns regarding hyd virtusa center (bcoz, we have ask qns, when we are given a chance.That will say that we are eager to know things when we got a chance)

QAL:: replied.

Then after an hour they asked me to fill some buch of papers

Then i attended HR interview. It is one panel only

1st qns: HR(He is PM itseams):: Tell me abt yourself

Me:: (i said)

HR:: (he noted down the extracurricular, achievements, my web sites URL etc etc in the bunch of papers, according to the columns in it, by moving on to page to page)
2nd qns: HR::What is your career objective?

Me:: (I said)

3rd qns: HR:: Do u have any qns to me?

Me:: Sir, how is my performance till now?

HR:: Well.......U've got selected man. (offered shake hand)

Me:: Thank you sir (Shake hand)

Then the Associate HR Exceutive came to me and asked me to collect my offer letter on 15th and on 15th i was asked to join on 18th.

totally out of 2000+ candidates, 100 to 110 are selected in written exam, out of them 63 are finally selected and we are now in training. From 18th Dec to 18th Jan we 63 are trained on c++,unix,dbms,SE (induction classes, entertainment classes in between, lot of fun, games etc etc)and on jan 18th we 63 are divided into Java, .Net,QA streams. now the training will be upto march ending ( I think).

So to say abt virtusa... It is great to be here. we have good work culture, good package, good take homes, quarterly paries etc etc, we celebrate our colleuges B'days etc and have fun all the time.

With Cheers......
Muni Sekhar.

Virtusa pattern
COMPANY NAME : VIRTUSA
DATE OF TEST : 2004

For Virtusa the paper patteren is of four sections.
1.Logical reasoning(LR)
2.problem solving (1 question)
3.Essay on a general topic
4.Programming

Logical reasoning and programming are most important. If u do well
in these sections ur selected.

LR has a minimum cutoff u should clear that to evaluate ur other sections. In LR u r also required to provide the reason for the answer
u select. Try basic logical questions for prep.

In progg we had 5 questions to write the program. Do well in this section. Don't worry about 2 & 3 sections. Spend max time on 1 & 4.

After test we had GD which doesn't count much but becomes the basic impression for HR interview. HR is important.
Technical interview asked all about the programs written in test.And also they ask u to optimize the program.

If u done HR well and had good progg skills u will get selected.

Virtusa placement paper 1
Virtusa paper 1

1.A 4 kg cuboid is reduced to 1/4th of its original
dimension.what will be the new weight?
ans: 62.5 gm

2.A bank pays 4% simple interest compunded annually.x
deposits 100$ at the beginning of each yr then what
will be the amount at the end of the 5th yr.
ans: 563(not sure)

3. what will be the growth of a tree whose current
height is 60 inches with a growth rate of 10%, at the
end of 3 years.the value rounded upwards.
ans: 81(not sure)

4. a frog lying in a 30 feet well climbs at the rate
of 3ft/hr but slips 2ft each time.how many hours
will it take for the frog to climb out.
a)26 hrs
b)27 hrs
c)28 hrs
d)29 hrs
ans: 28 (i think)

5. a water lily grows at a rapid rate filling the pond
in 20 days.how many days will it take to fill the
pond if we start with 2 such lilies with same growth
rate.
ans: 19 days

6. 20 people go trekking uphill.30% get frostbite n
leave the 1st day.of the remaining 2 get sprain n
giveup.of the remaining only half of them make it to
the top.how amny reached the top.
ans: 6

7. given a liquid n two containers of 400ml n 600 ml
respectively can u measure 500ml.if yes explain.

8. candy bars r distributed to children 3 to each
except the one at the end who got 2.if only 2 were
given to each then 8 candy bars were left.what was the
original no of candy bars.
ans:26

9. many rules r given n the valid statement is asked.
ans: the last option.

10. many designs r given n the next possible one is
chosen.very easy to do with little imagination.

11. numbers in a sequence n encrypting letters also
was there.

C section-3 questions were given but better to attend

1.when a user inputs values, if it is even perform a
divide by 2, else perform n*n-1 and store them in a
sequence.the output must be the largest power of 2 in
the given sequence.

2.write a prog to generate pythagorian triads of the
form a^2+b^2=c^2.eg3,4,6.
the sequence should not repeat by changing the order
of the numbers like 4,3,6.

3.a prog is given n we have to check if legal or not.
if not correct it or describe its working.the prog
looked like a fibonacci generating sequence.

Virtusa placement paper 3
COMPANY NAME : VIRTUSA
DATE OF TEST : 2003

Virtusa Paper consists of 3 sections .
1. Analytical
2. Analytical Writing
3. C-Programming

First when v clear the cutoff of Analytical section,only then other
sections
r evaluated.So,Don't waste time by spending much time on Programming.

Analytical Section
Analytical Section consists of Vocab. ( pick the odd one out ) and
also
some codings like ( ALPHA z coded as BETAH , DELTA z coded as GAMMA,
then how z
ETA coded ? .. this one .. i have framed it :) ) . This part z a bit
difficult one.
So, my advice z don't think much about these.

Along with above two categories, there shall be PUZZLES in this
section.In the
recent paper i attended,i got the following questions.

1.Volume of a LARGE SPHERE z ( pi * # ) .Area of it z ( pi * & ) where
'#,&' r four digit
integers.What z the value of the radius ? ( Along with answer , v
have to write
approach).

answer: may be 22

2.In howmany ways can a rectangle can be cut into 4 equal parts.

3.Given 1,2,3,25,50,75 and 100 .. Using each number "one and only
once" and using
arithmetic operators, write 383 in terms of the above given numbers.

answer: 383 = ( 100 + 2 ) * 3 + 75 + ( (50 * 1)/2 )

4.A tougher question of above. given 1,2,25,50,75,100 .. write 383 in
terms of the given
numbers.

5.Given following sequence,find the how the sequence is generated.
2 -> 1,4,9,6,5,6,9,4,1,0
3 -> 1,8,7,4,5,6,3,2,9,0
4 -> 1,6,1,6,5,6,1,6,1,0

answer : the sequences r nothing but the UNIT digits of
square(x),cube(x),power4(x) where
x = [ 1 ... 10 ]

6.Knights always tell TRUTH.Knaves always tell LIE.U r a foreigner to
that place and
U have met a person and he replies "I am a knave " . What can u infer
from his
statement.

answer : nothing can be infered from his statement.

7. using 4 fours and arithmetic operations write from 1 to 10

3 = ( 4 + 4 + 4 ) / 4

4 = ( 4 - 4 ) * 4 + 4

5 = ( 4 * 4 + 4 ) / 4

6 = 4 + ( 4 + 4 )/4 // 4 + 2

7 = ( 4 + 4 ) - ( 4 / 4 )

8 = ( 4 + 4 ) * ( 4 / 4 )

9 = ( 4 + 4 ) + ( 4 / 4 )

10 = ( 44 - 4 ) / 4

I forget the two more questions.

Analytical Writing :

This section has two questions only.

1.General topic. ( Don't forget that v have to just write one page
only .. not an essay)
( So,write the points directly )

For us they gave topics

Is it necessary for to HOST AFROASIAN GAMES ?? Why can't it spend
that money
for the welfare of poor ?

OR

Can India have better results if the current for of govt. is changed
to
PRESEDENTIAL FORM OF GOVT. ( like USA ) .

2.He gives a highly impossible possible and asks to give a solution.(
To check ur
innovative ideas :) )

For us,

Suppose u have suddenly changed to an ANT.U know human's
abilities,but u have
forgot their language.How can u make urself to convey ur BELOVED that
u have
been changed to an ANT.

Programming :

This section consists of 4 questions.Out of 4, for 3 questions v have
to write
code.The last question shall be .. they shall give some code and v
have to write whether
the code is correct one r not .. if not correct , where the
modifications show be done.
and also v have to write what that CODE IS DOING.

Virtusa placement paper 2
SECTION 1 (Analytical and Logical)

1.1 2 3 2 5 6 7 8 3 find the next term in the series
Ans:
Reason:

2.How can u place 4 coins in 2 lines so that each line
should contain 3 coins

Ans:I wrote, it maynot be possible

3.Find the odd word

ALPHA
DELTA
SIGMA
BETA

Ans:I think it is Delta,
Reason: as it has specific meaning(addition)and others
don't have such meaning,just used for representation
purpose.(i think so)

4.There was an addition given as follows
SATURN + URANUS = PLANETS
the solution is not encoding the entire problem but to
find coding for 3 alphabets

Ans:
Key Steps:

5.There was a set of words given as follows
SUN,MER,VEN,---,...........,SAT,---,NEP,PLU
(I don't remember exactly but, all are the names of
planets in solar system with notation of each planet
using 3 letters)
The question was to find out the appropriate words in
the given blanks

Ans:
Reason:

6.How can u get 81 using the digits 2,3,25,50,75,100
only once using any of the arithmatic operators

Key Steps: 50+(100/75*3)+25+2

7.(This is a real sitter, takes a long time)
A man have some three types boxes viz Huge,Large,Small
He took 11 of huge boxes and put on a table.And at
random he has taken some of them and placed 8 large
boxes in each of the boxes.And after that he has
placed 8 small boxes in some large boxes at random.By
the end if he found 102 boxes empty, how many boxes
are there on the table?

Ans:
Key Steps:

8.If u have a large number of Knights and a chess
board.The problem is to find the way of arranging the
Knights on the board so that no Knight attacks the
other.
(He has given mathematical relations that represents
how a knight can move on the chess board as we know it
as 'L', i'm not giving such stuff)

Ans:
Key Steps:

9.You are given a bunch of threads each having
differing length.No two thereads have same thickness
and no thread has same thickness all its length. But
it is certified that any thread when lit burns itself
in exactly 12 mins.
The question is you are asked to find an elapsed time
of 9 minuites.How can u find it out and how
manythreads do u want for this?

Ans:
Key Steps:

(I think most of the questions are covered here. But
there may be a couple of questions left which i can't
remember in this Analytical and logical reasoning, OK)

SECTION 2 (Writing)

The topic to Write was on "Connecting the rivers in
India".

SECTION 3

You can write the programs in this section using any
programing language

3.1)

1.There was a pyramid given as follows

2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9 10
11 12 13 ...

The three dots are given as a part of the
specification.
The above pyramid is to be printed when input number
13 is given.
Write a program to print the above pyramid.

2.Write a function which returns a substring in the
string 'Sigma' (character given)which starts with
'Alpha' and ends with 'Thita'

3.You have a job in which you have to take time stamps
and store them.
So Write a datastructure that can minimize the storage
requirements of Year,Month,Date,Hour,Minuite.

4.Write a program to find the four digited numbers,
which are perfect squares, and all the digits in that
number are even.

(i think there is another program given which i don't
remember)

3.2) THIS CARRIES 15 MARKS

The types of problems such as prob #4 from the section
1, (SATURN+URANUS=PLANETS) are called cryptorithms or
alphabeticalcoding.
Where an alphabet is assigned a code so that the
problem is to be solved using given summation.
Write a program to solve such questions, which prints
the letter and its corresponding digit that satisfies
the given addition.

#2 surbejurtusly

surbejurtusly

Noobs

• Shos newbie
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:17 PM

muzyka na komputer za darmo
teledyski na telefon do pobrania za darmo
Weeds pobierz film