Taha M. Mahmoud, "Creating Universes with SAP BusinessObjects"
PacktPub | September 2014 | ISBN: 1782170901 | English | 306 pages | PDF + Code | 18 MB
Create and maintain powerful SAP BusinessObjects Universes with the SAP Information Design Tool
About this book
* Gain all the skills needed to achieve your business intelligence goals by linking your business, data, and people using SAP BusinessObjects
* Master the SAP Information Design Tool to create a universe and explore its resources such as the connection, data foundation layer, and business layer
* Learn to use a business case supported with illustrated diagrams that will help you to build robust universes
Who This Book Is For
This book is aimed at both new developers as well as experienced developers. If you are a new SAP BusinessObjects universe developer who is looking for a step-by-step guide supported with real-life examples and illustrated diagrams, then this book is for you. If you are a seasoned BusinessObjects universe developer who is looking for a fast way to map your old experience in universe Designer to the newer Information Design Tool, then this book is for you as well.
Creating a Universe using SAP BusinessObjects is your ultimate guide to mastering the development of BusinessObjects Universes using the SAP Information Design Tool. You will find many hands-on exercises as well as hints and best practices within this guide.
The book starts with an introduction to Business Intelligence and where BusinessObjects Universes fit into the big picture. Then, we will go through the Universe creation process. You will then learn how to create a Data Foundation (physical layer) and how to establish a new relational database and OLAP connection. Following this, you will learn how to create a Business layer. You will also learn how to handle security using user profiles and how to use functions such as @Aggregate_Aware(). This is a must-have book for any SAP BO Universe developer and will act as a reference for beginners and experts alike.
What You Will Learn
* Leverage SAP BusinessObjects Universes to facilitate your Business Intelligence goals
* Explore the Information Design Tool, which brings speed and efficiency to reporting
* Build a robust Data Foundation layer
* Make a business-oriented Universe
* Test your Universe and discover issues
* Use the security profile editor to secure your Universe
* Develop Universes in a multiuser development environment
Some more SAP & eLearning material